What is an excess payment? 

Where applicable, an excess payment is an initial, one off, part payment of the building works required to be paid prior to commencement of the repairs. 

Will the excess payment go to my insurance company or the building company? 

It is a condition of your insurance contract with your insurer that we collect the excess on their behalf prior to works proceeding. This amount will then be deducted from our final invoice that is issued to your insurance company. 

What If I have more than one claim per job address? 

If there is more than one claim per address, then more than one excess payment may apply. If in doubt check with your insurance company or loss adjuster. 

Can I get a quote from M & S Mackie or do I have to go through my insurance company? 

Some insurance companies have a select panel of builders. You can, however, request that we provide the insurer with a quote. 

Can I request M & S Mackie to complete my insurance repair work? 

Yes, you can request M & S Mackie to undertake your insurance repairs. However, it is your insurance company's ultimate decision as to which building company is used. 

Can I have private work completed by M & S Mackie while my insurance repairs are being completed? 

Yes, you can engage M & S Mackie to complete private work while your insurance repairs are being carried out. For the private building works, the quoting and or invoices for payment will go to you directly. 

Do you provide estimated completion dates or job progress information? 

Yes, upon your request we can discuss completion dates. We will also maintain regular weekly contact, as necessary, with the policy holder throughout the duration of the repairs.

Do you provide a call-out service? 

Yes, we are on call 24 hours of the day. Your insurance company will organise a call-out service should emergency repair work be required. However, you can request that your insurance company uses M & S Mackie to attend to the call-out.